Páginas

Sunday, July 8, 2012

My own Tour de France: 1st stage

Saturday 16th of June was my fist day biking outside Grenoble , at that time I didnt know where I was going so I didnt advance much, eight days later, Saturday 23rd  was the real first stage of my own Tour de France from Grenoble to Lans-En-Vercors, it's 27km one way, thus it was 54km all the way. The highest point is about the 1200 meters of altitude, being Grenoble at about 250meters it means it's a nice slope to climb.



There are beautiful sights in all the road, and you can see Grenoble and its surrounding mountains. In my way to the top I caught a tribute they were making to some heroes of the French resistance against the Nazis in the summer of 44. In that area there was a group of Frenchmen opposing resistance to the German army who had occupied France, it seems that in the place where the cemetery is the Nazis shot about 200 people, now in the cemetery there are some of those Frenchmen who died fighting against the Nazis.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)