Páginas

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bike for the challenge: Checked!

The bike I have been riding on is this one, I call it "La Gorda":


A mountain bike Decathlon RockRider 6 Limited Edition with 21 gears, very thick tires and strong grip. About the weight, well mine weights 18.8 kg. Not exactly a route bike...

With a big challenge in front of me (Alpe d'Huez) I have decided to rent a more adequate bike for the climb and enjoy for the first time a route bike:



A route bike 2012 Specialized Secteur Sport Compact, 2.5cm tires, 9.5 kg and 30 gears. I am paying 35€ for one day. More decent bike indeed.



2 comments:

  1. Could you kindly tell me what bike shop you rented you bike from? Would you recommend them?
    Thanks!!
    Maureen Floyd
    Chicago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen,

      the shop is called Dayak Velo. this is the website
      http://www.velo-dayak.fr/contact.php
      they have two shops, I went to the one close to Boulevard Gambetta (the shop is on the street parallel to the tramway, it's pretty easy to find) just put the address in googlemaps "3 rue billerey grenoble"

      I do recommend them, they dont speak english but are very kind and the shop is very nice.

      Nevertheless if you are planning to climg Alpe D'Huez you can go to the town Bourge D'oisans and there are also a lot of bike rental shops.

      Good luck!
      Cheers

      Delete

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)