Páginas

Sunday, July 7, 2013

For madmen only: Between great and amazing

It was a while since I didn't read a book that shocked me this way, it was a while since I didn't read a good book. This one enters into my top ten books!

Steppenwolf from Hermann Hesse has been an incredible book in which I could see reflected the personality of my best friend, and, without being pretentious, some times even myself (or at least some episodes of my life).
Although it could be felt as a rather negative and sad book for me it was completely the opposite. For me it was about the existence of hope to winning the personal struggles, hope to enjoy life and about the option to find happiness in the life of a modern man.

The book has some elements that make me love a book such as change of narrator, change of planes/dimension, a superb fluency to describe situations, surprises and huge invitations to think and to challenge my points of views.

I am very glad I read this book. Sometimes I feel it would have been nice to had read it while I was teenager. Still, it is better late than never.

A book I will probably re-read one day, and a book I recommend to any who at any point has felt this world is too absurd and that there is a beast inside of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)