Páginas

Friday, March 25, 2011

Music folder: Cleaned!

1159 files (songs) have been deleted from my music folder, if we estimate a 5MB as an average size per file we could be saying that I freed almost 6GB from my hard disk.

I know, 6GB nowadays are not big saving having in mind the hard drives available in the market, but I like to use wisely what I have, plus those 1159 song deleted from my library mean much much joy listening to MY MUSIC!, my library is clean of crap.

How did I make it? Tired of skipping my own music every 3 or 4 songs my random-mode was playing, I decided to dig how to delete songs with a short-cut (hot-key). In this case, every time my random-mode plays a crappy song, I just press the combination (ctrl+alt+end) and the song is skipped and then deleted from my hard disk.

I use Ubuntu 10.04 as operative system and Banshee 1.8.1. as music player. Looking for a solution I realize that the best way was to make my own script (It was my first one, so it's not big deal and it doesn't work perfectly, so if there is any suggestion, I'm open to get it).

First it is needed to install a SQL database engine, this is made as simply as going to a terminal an typing
sudo apt-get install  sqlite3
After this, you can download the script, place it in the directory of your preference and give execution permissions.
Then you just have to go to System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts and click on Add, then just put a name to it and in command write the whole path and name of the script, click on Apply and look for it on Custom Shortcuts, there you just have to assign a short-cut, mine is ctrl+alt+end, and that's it.

Now, everytime your player plays a shitty song that you wander why the hell you have it in you computer, you just have to press your combination and you'll be free from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)