Páginas

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The King of Rice

I don't blush to say I AM THE KING OF RICE. (3:-P)
After almost three years making rice almost daily (without rice-pot) I have developed a method to cook very tasty rice, here it is:




What you need? Rice and a cup to measure it, oil (it doesn't have to be form Olive), a cube of flavor (instead of salt, later I explain why) and a tooth of garlic (this is optional)












Step 1: Pour oil into the pot and put the maximum power of the stove (in order to get the oil very hot)









Step 2: Meanwhile the oil is getting hot, chop the garlic in three or four pieces, you can also cut half of the Flavor cube too.
















Step 3: Once the oil is hot, drop the garlics there and fry them, once they start to get burn, put them out. This will give to the oil a light taste of garlic. Sometimes, instead of garlic I put chopped onion, just with the onion there is no need to put it outside the pot.








Step 4: Once the garlic is out, throw the cup of rice into the pot, and fry it a little bit, take care not to fry it completely!!, you'll need to move it a little bit to get the oil into all the rices.









Step 5: After few seconds of frying (remember the oil was very hot), you should reduce the fire about two thirds of the maximum, (my stove's maximum is 6, then I reduce it to 2), and pour two cups of water (eternal formula for rice, 1-to-2).











Step 6: Add the half cube of flavor. This has been one of the best things I discovered, because I used to have huugeee problems calculating the salt for my rice, but with the cube the problem is solved (half cube is perfect for one cup of rice) plus it gives a nice flavor to the rice.














Step 7: Then you just put the lid covering completely the pot












Step 8: Here I'll give a little but hugely important trick. Once you complete step 7, it wont take long until the water will have bubbles, when that happens you should open a little-mouth to the pot to allow the vapor to go out.









Step 9: In the middle of the process I decided to give some color to my rice and to put some chopped vegetables (those that you buy frozen ;-) )













Finishing: Then it's just a matter of time (like 15 minutes) until the water is evaporated and the rice is soft and tasty!! (when I took this picture the water was not complete gone yet, forgive the inaccuracy :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)