Páginas

Monday, October 18, 2010

Install and Run CmapTools in Ubuntu

I run Karmic Koala, (Ubuntu 9.10), this is how I made it. (take note that "map" is not properly a conceptual map, is a mixing with flow diagram, I just wanted to show the (most basic) steps and get confident with the program, I'm new at it).

 

[caption id="attachment_299" align="alignleft" width="218" caption="How to Install CmapTools"]How to Install CmapTools[/caption]

 

For those who want to avoid the horrible "map", then just read this:

The important points are:


  • Install as a root

  • Install outside the /root


After installing I'd suggest to create a link to the script or create an icon into some menu. I did this second option in this way:

  1. Right click over the menu Applications

  2. Click on Edit Menus

  3. There in the left choose which sub-menu you would like to locate the link

  4. Then click on New Item

  5. Type: Application, Command: /home/pablo/CmapTools/CmapTools  (this is where I installed, change upon your situation), the other fields are optionals

1 comment:

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)