Páginas

Monday, June 20, 2011

No, it's not.

For long time I wanted to say that Johann Strauss lied, I don't judge him, we all lie after all. The thing is that he promoted the Danube as blue, sorry but no, it's not. Though my intention is not to make a bad image of him or such a thing, because I understand his purpose very well, hence I forgive him.

My first picture of the Danube@Margarit Island, more than two years ago.
The Danube is more than beautiful, I just don't want to use hundred of adjectives while I talk about it. I love this river when I go from Pest to Buda at morning and it looks silver from the Petofi bridge, yes silver instead of blue. And it is even better when the wind is not blowing that is looks like a mirror and you see the city duplicated, but when the wind blows it stills amazing. It's also nice then at the afternoon when I come back from work, this time from Buda to Pest, the river has another color (which is not blue still), the river reflects the city in another way, with another mood, like forecasting the vibrations the city is going to have at night. I better stop being romantic with the river and don't go out from my point: The Danube is not blue, it doesn't need to be so to be unforgettable.

Regarding to that I just today realized that the place I like the most* in Budapest is neither in Buda nor in Pest, and it is precisely because it is over the Danube, mainly at night. The view of the city from the Petofi Bridge is something I hope it never banishes from my mind

*mmm well, there are many places I like "the most" in this city, just let me be sensationalist for one time to make my post more impressive :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)