Páginas

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Serial port under Wine

How to make a Windows program running under Wine get access to the serial port (or USB port)?

It's enough to make a symbolic link in the folder

~/.wine/dosdevices

pointing to the /dev/tty special file you are using. The symbolic link should be named using the Windows conventions to name the ports.

As things are easier with an example, here is my case:

I am running an own windows program which has to open the USB port (the com5 which is the ttyAMC0), so I typed in a terminal:

ln -s /dev/ttyACM0 /home/pablo/.wine/dosdevices/com5

and that's it, now my windows program is running in Wine under Linux perfectly (first I typed COM5 and it didn't work, it seems case sensitive)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)