Páginas

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Colombia after 3 years

Finally, after three year I went back to my Country, and the best of it: I caught my brother by surprise, he was thinking I was skiing while he went to the airport to welcome a "customer", he didn't know that the skiing part was a complete lie and that the "customer" was me, here the moment.

I stood there 20 day of glory, the weather was perfect, and the time was even better, it was DECEMBER! which in Colombia is a crazy time. I had the chance to catch up with old friends and family. Almost all the time I was with my brother, and sadly I couldn't spend much with my mother, but still we managed to be together and update each other.

I found the city in really good shape and everything was more or less as I remembered it was when I left, there where changes in some buildings and so on. Culturally speaking (and the thing I was paying more attention to) I found one huge improvement that still doesn't fit into my mind: The stadiums are without protective fence to separate the fans from the field, and even further, to separate those who pay the cheaper ticket and those who pay 4 times more expensive ticket. It seems now we are believing in the stadium and that there is social punishment for those who throw stuff to the field and who tried to cheat the locations they paid for.

I was surprised on how bad drivers we are, and that everyone is annoyed with the automatic system to punish those who exceed speed limits or commit other traffic infractions. I thing sooner or later we've got to learn from it and accept the rules not for its punishment but because of the principle behind it.

My feeling there was much better than expected, still I felt again some sort of loneliness. Which is not in terms of being surrounded by people, but in the terms that appear in One Hundred Years of Solitude.
Still, I felt so happy and I came back to France with my batteries full charged, and ready for the next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)