Páginas

Monday, October 15, 2012

Sections of Alpe d'Huez ascending

I have just made a not-very-strict analysis* of the ascending parts of Alpe d'Huez, but I think it is good enough to be used as a "rule of thumbs" about the different sections of the ascending. 
I did it based on some readings describing the climbing. I included the number of the bends (yellow) and some guide values about the steepness of the segments (white), I tried to simplify the segments by colored bubbles (Red is "hard", Blue is "not-that-hard"). 


Note: Everywhere I read they agree the first part is the hardest, despite the 12% you'll find around curve 9!

Below there is a more detailed graph taken from here:



References: 

* If you see any mistake or have any suggestion to improve the graph, drop me a comment! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)