Páginas

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Visa to India from France

Disclaimer: The following is is just my experience and it is not a guide to apply for Indian Visa. No responsibility shall be given to the author for any mistake during the application.

This is the site that gives you the information: THIS ONE

With this post I just want to say that the process is quite simple. I can not say how much it cost because there is no generic price, there are many variables that they will tell you how to calculate it, at least myself, I payed 118€. I applied last friday 12th of October 2012.
As It is not compulsory to hand in the papers personally in Paris, so I sent them by post paying a small fee (small compared to the cost of going to Paris just to hand in some papers...)...in general I think it is very easy to apply, they say it will take them 3 working weeks.

The steps are as usual:

1) Fill-in the online form. No need to have a booking in a hotel, though you need an address where you might stay in (I just looked for a hotel and copy-pasted the address), and also a reference person in France (I put someone in the school where I study in).
2) Collect the papers: (two pictures 5cm X 5cm white background,  a copy of your passport, if you are not French you have to attach an additional form they give you in the website and just in case I added a copy of my French residence permit)
3) calculate your fee...they have a table for you to make the calculation.
4) the payment is made in the post office. It is some kind of "mandat postale", they will charge you like 7€ for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)