Páginas

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Modern safety bores my inner Prometheus

Sorrow and disappointment, those were the main feelings yesterday at home.
During the daily session of opening the pandora box to release all the evils created few hours before, I found an interesting couple of artifacts, both are commonly used to banish the path and hide the existance of those pandora evils.

One of them was a platoon of humble matches condemned to live in a tiny box and sentenced to only go out for a quick death avoiding with its immolation a fast spread of the evil. The other friend was the odor-spray, which is used for the same philanthropic purpose, just that it is much fancier and sophisticated than the first one.

When you see those passive inhabitants of the "small room" together, it's impossible not to think about combining them, in short: your internal teenager just took control of your mind again, you are not going to behave as an adult anymore until the desire is satisfied.
A short visual scanning of the odor-spray's can and the discovery of an orange square with a black flame drawn on it is enough reason for the joy. In your hands you just have that power Prometheus stole directly from gods and gave us.

As every teenager would have done, I fired the match, and placed the flame in front of the mouth of the odor-spray!, I wanted heat, I wanted Fire! I wanted to give my honest and innocent tribute to Prometheus, but I sadly discovered, that modern odor-sprays are not flammable!!!  I tried many times, placing the match at different distances but all those matches gave their lives in vain.

That little Prometheus that lives in me, that lives in all of us, was very sad yesterday, just because Modern Safety is playing the game with the gods in their purpose of taking away from us the fire Prometheus gave us once.

1 comment:

  1. lol!! you're insane!! i like your writing style, bro. if i didn't know you're an engineer, i would have bet you were a writer.

    ReplyDelete

I would be glad to know your opinion about my post, please do not forget to sign it ;)